Saturday, July 1, 2017

Ron Dennis Splits With McLaren


RON DENNIS SPLITS WITH McLAREN HONDA F1 TEAM

    Ron Dennis has cut all ties with McLaren by selling his shares in McLaren Technology Group and McLaren Automotive. He has also stepped down from director of both.

    Dennis was placed on gardening leave after giving up to role of chairman and CEO of McLaren Technology group last November. Zak Brown took over his role running the Formula 1 team.

    The former team boss has now completely stepped away from McLaren. He joined the team back in 1980 and has since led it to seven constructors’ championships and 10 drivers’ titles.

    “I am very pleased to have reached agreement with my fellow McLaren shareholders,” Dennis said in a statement.

    “It represents a fitting end to my time at McLaren, and will enable me to focus on my other interests. 

    I have always said that my 37 years at Woking should be considered as a chapter in the McLaren book, and I wish McLaren every success as it takes the story forward.

    I will continue to consult for various companies and work with the UK Government’s Ministry of Defence Innovation Advisory Panel in helping to improve the technology, the culture, and the organisation that together safeguard the UK’s national security.

    I will also continue to run my family’s charitable foundation – Dreamchasing – which focuses on mentoring and financing children and young people from all walks of life, so that they may aspire to and succeed in whatever their dreams may be.”

    A new company, McLaren Group, has been set up, and both McLaren Technology Group and McLaren Automotive will be part of it. Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa will be the executive chairman of the company, with Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company and TAG Group the majority shareholders.

----
Article Written By: Bethonie Waring
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @Bethonie_Boost & @F1Insider78

No comments:

Post a Comment