Friday, July 7, 2017

Austrian GP: Driver Preview Quotes - Toro Rosso


DRIVER PREVIEW QUOTES - SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO F1 TEAM

Daniil Kvyat - “Statistics don't interest me that much, it's not something I look into. For example, I've never scored any points in Austria, but this isn't something that makes me be obsessed every time this race weekend arrives. It doesn't change my approach to racing. I like this track and I know I can be fast – this is what really matters to me.

    Austria is an interesting track, with corners I enjoy. It's quite a short layout, but all the turns are very challenging and quite unique. The final sector is my favourite part, as it has many high-speed corners which are very cool.

    It's good to have so many race weekends throughout the year, and it's even better when they're one after the other – it's cool to sometimes get a lot of good racing together! It's also challenging for the teams and drivers to maintain high concentration and a good training level during weeks like these.

    As this track is Red Bull's home, we have a lot of support and attention throughout the whole weekend, which is always nice. The atmosphere there is always great too; I enjoy racing here. The nature that surrounds this track also makes it special. The views you can see while racing are fantastic!”

Carlos Sainz - “I don't mind having back-to-back races when in Europe, because you still get to go back home for a few days in between races and get some training done, as well as seeing friends and family. When it's overseas, you always stay out or go directly to the next race, which means being away from home for two weeks.

    Racing at the Red Bull Ring, Red Bull’s home, changes my race weekend a bit because we have a few more events and things to do with Red Bull – a few more interviews, meeting guests, etc. but I don't mind it, it's good to race there!

    I think it's quite a particular track and I'd say it's one with the highest grip of the year. The new tarmac used for the first time last year gave us a lot of lap time and it's so smooth, it's like driving in the simulator. The views are also pretty amazing and it's a really cool venue to go racing. When racing in Austria last year, I was expecting the rain but it never came! Let's see what happens this year – I always enjoy a wet race!”

----
Article Posted By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended - Quotes belong to Drivers
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost 

No comments:

Post a Comment