SINGAPORE GP - FREE PRACTICE #2 - RE-CAP & TIMES
Daniel Ricciardo was once again at the top of the time-sheets, this time with a 1:40.852. Finishing close behind was team-mate, Verstappen with a 1:41.408. Both Mercedes drivers, Hamilton and Bottas, as well as Renault's, Hulkenberg, completed the top 5.
Carlos Sainz, freshly announced as heading to Renault for 2018, finished in 12th with a 1:43.236. Kvyat was just behind in 13th with a 1:43.608. It has not yet been announced who will partner Kvyat in 2018, if Kvyat is to keep his seat at the soon-to-be Honda-powered Italian team.
While there were no major incidents in the session, there were plenty of drivers to 'tap' or 'brush' the walls along the narrow circuit. Singapore has been notorious for it's 100% chance of a safety car during the Sunday race.
McLaren continued to show good pace, having an out-of-ordinary good start to their weekend, with little-to-no mechanical dramas. Stoffel Vandoorne finished the session up in 6th with a 1:42.501, while Alonso was close behind in 7th with a 1:42.788.
1. Daniel Ricciardo - 1:40.852 / Red Bull-TAG-Heuer / Australia
2. Max Verstappen - 1:41.408 / Red Bull-TAG-Heuer / Netherlands
3. Lewis Hamilton - 1:41.555 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Great Britain
4. Valtteri Bottas - 1:42.104 / Mercedes-Mercedes / Finland
5. Nico Hulkenberg - 1:42.448 / Renault-Renault / Germany
6. Stoffel Vandoorne - 1:42.501 / McLaren-Honda / Belgium
7. Fernando Alonso - 1:42.788 / McLaren-Honda / Spain
8. Sergio Perez - 1:42.826 / Force India-Mercedes / Mexico
9. Kimi Raikkonen - 1:42.835 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Finland
10. Esteban Ocon - 1:43.054 / Force India-Mercedes / France
11. Sebastian Vettel - 1:43.104 / Ferrari-Ferrari / Germany
12. Carlos Sainz - 1:43.236 / Toro Rosso-Renault / Spain
13. Daniil Kvyat - 1:43.608 / Toro Rosso-Renault / Russia
14. Jolyon Palmer - 1:43.795 / Renault-Renault / Great Britain
15. Felipe Massa - 1:43.836 / Williams-Mercedes / Brazil
16. Lance Stroll - 1:44.301 / Williams-Mercedes / Canada
17. Kevin Magnussen - 1:44.417 / Haas-Ferrari / Denmark
18. Romain Grosjean - 1:44.928 / Haas-Ferrari / France
19. Pascal Wehrlein - 1:45.673 / Sauber-Ferrari / Germany
20. Marcus Ericsson - 1:45.721 / Sauber-Ferrari / Sweden
Article Written By: Amy Hawk
No copyright infringement intended
Follow us on Twitter @F1Insider78 & @Bethonie_Boost